Sunday, July 01, 2007

Was the Sky this Weekend Incredible, or What?

I drove down to Cook's Forest on Saturday afternoon, but the pictures I got during the drive itself were better than any of the ones I took at my destination.

Stay Away
'Stay Away' -- Abandoned House in Fryburg

Field and Clouds
'Field and Clouds' -- Meadow in Fryburg

Knee-High by the 4th of July
'Knee High by the 4th of July' -- Fryburg Cornfield in HDR

Red Chimney, Faulty Tower
'Red Chimney, Faulty Tower' -- Fryburg

I've got to start doing a better job of writing down where I take pictures -- I always think that I'll remember, but afterwards I don't. The ones above were taken in and around Fryburg, but the ones below here were shot further north and I can't remember for the life of me if they were north or south of Union City...

Country Road
'Country Road' -- Somewhere along PA Route 8

Clouds & Thistles
'Clouds & Thistles' -- About 10 feet away from the shot posted above it

I did get a few good shots in Cook's Forest:

Another Funky Shroom
'Another Funky Shroom' -- Cook's Forest State Park

Orton Foxglove Flowers
'Orton Foxglove Flowers' -- Cook's Forest State Park

I got a few more half-decent shots from the park that just need a little post-processing. I've just had this terrible sinus headache since yesterday (thank the same weather that gave us those clouds) and not feeling quite up to it at the moment.

Oh, and on the way home I hit the Golden Hour as I was driving through Venango, so I had to stop and get a few shots there:

Red Trim
'Red Trim' -- Route 89 in Venango

3 Silos
'3 Silos' - Route 89 in Venango

I got back into Erie at about 9 pm, so I stopped at Waldameer for some shots of the rides. I'm going to save those for another post, though.

No comments: